As promised, another #GetItTogetherandGo meal! This is one of my summer go-to meals that utilizes the Instant Pot/Quick Cooker/Pressure Cooker and Pampered Chef’s Quick Cooker accessories. This meal takes seconds to throw together and just 6 minutes under high pressure (make sure you follow your exact rice for the pressure cooker directions or else you may get crunchy rice if you use the wrong ratio/time/rice). You can eat the finished product in a bowl, or inside a tortilla like a burrito.
Pampered Chef Products I used in this video:
- Quick Cooker (Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker)
- Quick Cooker Ceramic Pot
- Quick Cooker Replacement Rack (you need this dont have a quick cooker)
- Chef’s tongs
- Microwave Grip Set
- Flexible Cutting Mat
Chicken (in bottom of pot)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs (Cut large pieces in half)
- salt and pepper
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (or 2-4 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
Rice (in ceramic pot on top)
- 2 cups Long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth (or water)
- salt (only if using water)
- 1-2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 4.5oz can chopped green chilies
Optional Add-ins (to chicken after cook time)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can GMO FREE corn
- sour cream
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and put into the bottom of the pressure cooker pot. Add taco seasoning, salsa, and chicken broth. Move chicken around to make sure it is not stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Place rack over the top of the chicken.
- Add 2 cups of rice, your salt, chicken broth, green chilies, and taco seasoning to ceramic pot and mix well. Cover with silicone lid and place ceramic pot inside the cradle and lower onto the rack inside the pot.
- Seal and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- When cooker is done, allow to natural pressure release for at least 10 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure and remove rice from pot. Shred chicken and add black beans and corn (if you are using).
- To serve, place rice inside bowl and top with chicken and sauce inside the pot. Dress with your favorite toppings! Optionally, serve in a tortilla.