I have been intrigued with honeycomb ever since I saw it on the British Baking Show (British Bake Off). When I went to London a few years ago, I had a few goals in mind when I arrived… and finding the Honeycomb candy bar was one of them! Since that point, I’ve seen many other bakers use this candy to decorate with but it looked so hard (adding the baking soda causes a chemical reaction to get all those bubbles, which is very intimidating).
Original recipe from Sugar Spun Run: https://sugarspunrun.com/honeycomb-recipe/
- 1 cup white sugar (200g)
- ⅓ light corn syrup (80ml)
- ⅓ cup water (80ml)
- 1 ⅔ teaspoons of baking soda
- Melted chocolate for drizzle or dipping
- Line an 8×8 square pan or baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pre-measure your baking soda into a small dish before you begin.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until the sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil (this will take up to 5 minutes, don’t rush it).
- As soon as it begins to boil, monitor the temperature using a candy thermometer but don’t stir the mixture again (it may cause crystals).
- Cook to 300°F (149°C) then immediately take off the heat. Stir in the baking soda (it’s going to bubble and foam) until the color turns golden (don’t overstir). Immediately pour into/onto your prepared tray.
- Cool for at least 1 hour until you cover with melted chocolate.
- Once chocolate is set, you can break your candy into shards by gently picking it up and dropping it back on the pan, or using a knife to whack it.
Original recipe from Sugar Spun Run: https://sugarspunrun.com/honeycomb-recipe
***Links to my favorite things****
🧂 Lynker Salt/Pepper Grinders (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/40PG6ej
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com