Four-Layer Dessert is one of our all time favorite family desserts. Takes only a few minutes to throw together, and a little bit of time chilling to set up, but your patience will be rewarded! This is seriously a fantastic dessert! Typically you use chocolate pudding, but we’ve used pistachio, vanila, coconut cream, and banana to tailor this dessert to every occasion! Definitely a 2022 recipe to keep in your pocket for a rainy day! Or any day really.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (GF AP acceptable)
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, etc)
- 1 package (8 ounces) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 cups of defrosted whipped topping (separated into 1 cup and 2 cups)
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant pudding mix (any flavor works)
- Optional extra garnish ideas: Chocolate curls, sprinkles, cocoa powder, etc
- Cut cold butter into flour until a fine sandy texture (use the food processor for ease). Mix together with chopped nuts. Press into an ungreased 9×13 high sided baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20m or until lightly golden brown. Cool completely before moving on to the next layer.
- Beat softened cream cheese with powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Whisk together pudding mix and cold milk until soft set. Spread carefully over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining 2 cups of whipped topping over the pudding layer.
Chill dessert for 3-4 hours, or overnight. Sprinkle optional garnish over dessert right before serving.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Music: Trimmed & Taught – Dan Lebowitz: https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/danlebowitz