Chick-Fil-A Copycat Recipe – Air Fryer
Has it happened to you? Have you had a craving for the delicious Chick-fil-a chicken on a Sunday, only to remember they are closed? Well, I have a #CopycatRecipe for you that will curb that craving. And better yet, we are doing it in the air fryer. They are of course not EXACT replicas, but they are close! And throw in that delicious sauce, and you can dry your Sunday tears. Mmm Mmmm, good!
Thank you to community member Lloyd G for suggesting we do chicken nuggets in the #DeluxeAirFryer
Print the Chicken Nuggets Recipe here
Print the Sauce Recipe here
Chick-fil-a Copycat Chicken Nuggets
- 2lbs chicken, cut bite sized
- Dill pickle Juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk, cream, or milk (coconut milk approved)
- 1 cup tapioca starch (arrowroot ok)
- 4 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Dash cayenne
- optional: 1 Tbsp of powdered sugar
- Optional: 1 Tbsp of umami powder of your choice
- Put raw chicken nuggets in a bag and add pickle juice, egg, and milk. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes (but the longer you can let it sit in the refrigerator the better)
- Mix dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Drain marinated chicken and drench each piece your chosen dry mixture then put right into the cooking vessel of your choice (do not over crowd).
When Pan Frying:
- Heat ½- 1 cup of vegetable or peanut oil in skillet (be sure not to overheat and burn your oil).
- Place chicken in frying pan (oil should not be covering the pieces) and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side then flip over and fry for 2-3 minutes or until internal temp is 165.
- Place on a wire rack covered in paper towels to cool slightly before consuming.
When Air Frying:
- Preheat air fryer on 390 for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on the fryer tray(be sure not to crowd) and air fry for 8-12 minutes (swapping racks and/or turning halfway through or until internal temp is 165.
- Serve immediately.
When Oven Frying:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place chicken on baking sheet, making sure they aren’t touching
- Bake for 10 minutes then turn over and bake another 10 minutes or until internal temp is 165.
- Serve immediately.
Chick-fil-a Sauce Copycat
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Mix together and refrigerate for at least an hour
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking