Burnt Ends (Bacon Candy) – Father’s Day Edition
Today’s video is a Father’s Day special! Happy Father’s day to all of you father’s out there! In this video, I have my dad here sharing his favorite way to prepare Burnt Ends/Bacon Candy in his #NinjaFoodi Grill. And of course, I decided this was a good chance for me to put my #DeluxeAirFryer against it!
Check out Cooking with CJs YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn3QY5Ho62E&t=1s
Check out the Ninja Foodi here: https://amzn.to/2Qpl33c
Check out the Deluxe Air Fryer here: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Small+Appliances/Air+Fryer/Deluxe+Air+Fryer/100194
Burnt Ends / Bacon Candy
– Pork belly cubed to 2 inches
– 3 Tablespoons of butter.
– 3 Tablespoons of honey.
– 1 cup BBQ Sauce.
– Dry rub of your choice (my dad used Grill Mates Sweet and Smokey blend)
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of orange juice
Directions in Ninja Foodie:
– Preheat Foodi Grill to 350.
– Cube and season pork belly with rub.
– Roast pork belly in the Ninja Foodi at 350f until internal is 165-170f – about 20 minutes.
– Make a foil boat and remove pork belly from the grill and put it in the center. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the hot pork, add the butter, the honey, the BBQ sauce, and finally the orange juice. Wrap the foil around the pork tightly.
– Remove the inner grill grate from the Foodi and place the foil boated package of pork into the Foodi. Shut the lid and cook for another 30 minutes at 350 (or until internal temp is 200F and the meat is tender)
– Remove foil package from Foodi and wipe out the inside. Put the grill grate back inside.
– Open your foil package carefully. Turn pork a few times in the sauce and place pork cubes back into the Foodi on the grill grate and set to cook for another 5-8 minutes or until the sauce has caramelized.
Directions in the Air Fryer:
– Cube and season pork belly with rub. Add to the bag the butter, honey, BBQ, brown sugar, and orange juice.
– Massage the bag well and seal and wait 20-40 minutes.
– Heat your air fryer on 400 for 5 minutes, then air fry for 20 minutes. If you are making two racks of pork, rotate racks at the halfway mark
– Flip pork over and rotate the racks again. Cook for an additional 5-10minues or until the internal temp reads 190+ and the pork looks caramelized.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking