Chicken Lo Mein (Rivals take out?!)
How have I’ve never done this before?! This recipe is so very easy, tailorable, and so incredibly tasty! I will definitely be making this again!
Thank you Lara Clouse for suggesting this adventure!
Chicken Lo Mein
Ingredients for chicken marinade:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely minced garlic
Mix together ingredients and marinade chicken for 30-60 minutes before cooking.
Ingredients for Lo Mein:
- 1 pound lo mein egg noodles
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (plus 1 teaspoon hot water to dissolve the sugar in)
- Pinch of five spice powder
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 scallion (separated white and green)
- 1 bell pepper (any color, julienned)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry cooking wine
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup bok choy
- Prepare your noodles, rinsing with cold water at the end. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauces, sesame oil, dissolved sugar, and five spice powder
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a wok over high heat and stir fry your chicken until cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add to the wok, 1 Tablespoon of canola oil and add the mushrooms, the white parts of the scallions, and the garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the peppers and carrots and stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add wine and stir-fry for 60 seconds.
- Add the snow peas and bok choy and cook until the greens are just wilted.
- Add your loose cooked noodles and pour your sauce mixture over the noodles. Stir-fry until the noodles look well coated.
- Add back in the chicken and heat for just another 60 seconds.
Original recipe from The Woks of Life https://thewoksoflife.com/vegetable-lo-mein/
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking