Move over Pier 39, homemade clam chowder just might be better! Do you have a craving for good clam chowder but don’t have the time to take a trip to the coast? You can make some at home that will seriously RIVAL any clam chowder stand!
- 4 pieces of raw bacon, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 2-3 cans (15oz each) diced potatoes, or 3 small potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 3 teaspoons of chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of half-and-half, divided in half
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, with juices
- Optional add-ins: 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning or several pinches of crushed red pepper
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, cook diced bacon over medium heat until crispy. Spoon out the crumbles to a paper towel to drain, but leave the bacon grease in the pot.
- Add the onion and celery to the drippings and cook until completely tender. Add your garlic and cook for just a minute longer.
- Stir in the water, claim juice, bouillon, pepper, thyme, and cooked potatoes (and any other seasonings you may way).Bring just to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and 1 cup of the half-and-half. Once smooth, gradually stir into soup and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes or until the soup is thickened.
- Stir in clams (with juices) and remaining half-and-half; heat through (do not boil).
- Sprinkle your bacon crumbles over each serving.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Music: Trimmed & Taught – Dan Lebowitz: https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/danlebowitz