Guinness Chocolate Cake
Irish inspired recipe take two–Guinness Chocolate Cake. And yes… with Guinness Stout. The way this cake is made is AWESOME and the results were phenomenal! But I’m still not a fan of that beer taste… but the cake itself was amazing.
The Justick easel I was talking about can be found here: https://amzn.to/3b07S0m
Guinness Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for cake:
- Butter for pan
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
Ingredients for topping:
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream
- For the cake: heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper. In a large saucepan, combine Guinness and butter. Place over medium-low heat until butter melts, then remove from heat. Add cocoa and superfine sugar, and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add to Guinness mixture. Add flour and baking soda, and whisk again until smooth. Pour into a buttered pan, and bake until risen and firm, 45 minutes to one hour. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely in the pan.
- For the topping: Using a food processor or by hand, mix confectioners’ sugar to break up lumps. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add heavy cream, and mix until smooth and spreadable.
- Remove cake from pan and place on a platter or cake stand. Ice top of cake only, so that it resembles a frothy pint of Guinness.
Original recipe from NYT Cooking: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1875-chocolate-guinness-cake
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
posted by Nancy Hinkle on March 11, 2021
Hi Heather,How about using Coke instead of Guinness in the chocolate cake? Just a thought 🙂
Nancy from Florida