Irish inspired recipe take two–Guinness Chocolate Cake. And yes… with Guinness Stout. The way this cake is made is AWESOME and the results were phenomenal! But I’m still not a fan of that beer taste… but the cake itself was amazing.
The Justick easel I was talking about can be found here: https://amzn.to/3b07S0m
Guinness Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for cake:
- Butter for pan
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
Ingredients for topping:
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream
- For the cake: heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper. In a large saucepan, combine Guinness and butter. Place over medium-low heat until butter melts, then remove from heat. Add cocoa and superfine sugar, and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add to Guinness mixture. Add flour and baking soda, and whisk again until smooth. Pour into a buttered pan, and bake until risen and firm, 45 minutes to one hour. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely in the pan.
- For the topping: Using a food processor or by hand, mix confectioners’ sugar to break up lumps. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add heavy cream, and mix until smooth and spreadable.
- Remove cake from pan and place on a platter or cake stand. Ice top of cake only, so that it resembles a frothy pint of Guinness.
Original recipe from NYT Cooking: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1875-chocolate-guinness-cake
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking