Hummus Pasta (FeelGoodFoodie)
Earlier this month on TikTok I saw Yumna from FeelGoodFoodie throw together a pasta dish in seconds using store bought hummus!! I was so fascinated I ran right out and tried it! This was so easy and I can see this becoming a regular meal in my rotation. There are so many different flavors of hummus you can use and so many mix in ideas, this one was a hit! But you don’t have to believe me, try it for yourself and give Yumna some love over on her website or her TikTok! 🙂
Yumna’s recipe can be printed here: https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/hummus-pasta/
Side note: The next couple weeks of videos will be in various locations as I’m going to be visiting the kitchen’s of my friends and family as we transition to our new house!
(Original recipe from FeelGoodFoodie – Yumna)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup hummus (any flavor)
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta (gluten free will work)
- Juice of 1 lemon + zest
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil plus more for serving
- Optional: Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Optional: Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- Prepare your pasta according to package instructions (make sure you salt your water). Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water before you drain your pasta. Drain and return to the same pot. Cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup pasta water, the hummus, the lemon juice, and the lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute your onions in olive oil for 5 minutes or until they begin to turn translucent.
- Add in the garlic, and cook for only 30 seconds (garlic burns quickly).
- Add the spinach and saute until slightly wilted (about a minute).
- Add the hummus mixture and stir until a creamy sauce forms. Add any remaining pasta water to thin the sauce if needed.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked pasta and ¼ cup basil to the skillet. Toss to coat pasta.
- Top with more basil, crushed pepper, and parmesan cheese, if desired.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com