Mexican Mac N Cheese
Looking to spice up your Mac N Cheese game? Try this fantastic twist! This is such an easy cheesy dish that you can tone down or spice up to your crowds liking. Those of you who are gluten free, this recipe can be made with cornstarch and GF noodles! Delicious!
Mexican Mac N Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 can of Southwest style Corn
- or 1 can of corn, 1 red pepper diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-6 teaspoons of southwest seasoning/taco seasoning
- or 2 tsps cumin, 2 tsps chili powder ½ tsp cayenne
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded monterey
- 1 Tablespoon of dried chives
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound mini pasta, cooked with well salted water
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup of cotija cheese
- jalapenos, sliced into coins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to directions (make sure you use well salted water).
- Add the butter, southwest corn, onions, garlic, and salt to a medium saucepan. Saute over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the southwest/taco seasoning and flour. Stir well and cook out the flour for a couple minutes.
- Stir in the milk and continue to stir vigorously until the mixture is smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce thickens.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the cheddar and Monterey Jack. Cook until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add the scallions and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Add your cooked pasta into your 9×13 pan and pour the cheese sauce over the top. Sprinkle with Panko and cover your dish with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Sprinkle with the cotija, cilantro, and jalapeno coins.
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com