NY Levain Cookies – Copycat Recipe
By : AEC Heather | 2 Comments | On : November 23, 2020 | Category : Desserts, Recipes
This is the cookie your mama warned you about. It is sunshine on a cloudy day… it is nostalgia wrapped between fluffy goodness… and beware, it weighs 6oz and is NOT a low calorie food… but oh my word is it good.
The NY Levain Bakery is known for their HUGE cakelike cookies. Obviously being a sugar lover and cookie lover, you know I had to try them out. The first time I tried them, I did not heed the warnings that said “don’t skip the cake flour” and I was so sad. They were good, but were they anything to write home about… well yes, but they were not NY Levain Cookies! So onward I trudged and when you make them exactly how the recipes calls… the angels sing (or is that the bathroom scale screaming?)
I’ve been notified that this is Joshua Wiessman’s recipe-esque… Or at least close! So if you want to see the video of him and Babish going to NY and trying the cookie… go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYH1Z7TUSEI
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
- Macarons – The most fun cookie of all times!
- Battle Corned Beef – Who does it better, Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker or Sous Vide
- Start to finish Sourdough bread!
- My favorite quiche!
- JUST RELEASED!! Pampered Chef products for Spring/Summer 2023
- The G.O.A.T. dessert! Raspberry Bakewell Tart
- Simple Sesame Beef Freezer Meal
- Homemade Refried Beans (Pressure Cooker)
- Irish Soda Bread – Recipe from Author, Carla Laureano
- Easy Rice Pilaf
- Air Fryer Meatloaf – “It’s so cute!”
- Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak
- Make your own Hoagie Rolls
- Swiss Cake Roll (bonus, it’s gluten free but you’ll never know it!)
- Pressure Cooker Black-Eyed Peas
- How to clean your Deluxe Air Fryer Basket
- Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak
- Chicken Piccata
- Air Fryer Berry Crisp
- Mexican Mac N Cheese
- No Fuss Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Easy Blender Alfredo Sauce
- Air Fryer Prime Rib
- Cincinnati Skyline Chili
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- TexMex Bowls
- Merry Christmas!
- Tombstone/Gravestone Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Sriracha Gingerbread Cookies
- Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
posted by Linda on November 24, 2020
Are these soft and chewy cookies, or more cake-like?
posted by Heather Neff on November 28, 2020
They are definitely cake-like! Now, I say that and I’ll tell you I am generally a chewy cooker lover… but these are naughty-good!