Get ready for the healthiest and best tasting orange chicken ever… EVER. This stuff is so easy and so delicious that you will probably never order out again. I did make some changes to the recipe, so my recipe will be reflected below.
Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs cut into 2 inch pieces (You can use chicken breast but be aware it is much more dry).
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chicken broth
1/2 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- zest from 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 green onions sliced
- extra orange zest
- Cut your chicken into 2inch pieces.
- Add the ingredients to you the inner pot of your pressure cooker (Do not add the slurry or garnish ingredients). Mix well and seal your machine.
- Set your pressure cooker to Manual/Custom for 5 minutes on high pressure. Check your vent (closed).
- When it’s done, allow the pot to Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 3-5 minutes then release remaining pressure.
- Mix the slurry well (no lumps) and add to the chicken mixture. Stir well and set your pot to Sauté/Sear. Allow the sauce to cook 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Turn off the heat and allow the chicken to stand for 5 minutes (the sauce will continue to thicken)
Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and extra orange zest.
Original recipe came from: https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/instant-pot-orange-chicken/
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking