Blender Pear Sauce – from unsavory pears
This week we got stuck with some not so pleasant pears and instead of tossing them in the bin, I thought I would share my method and recipe for rescuing what would have been waste! Using this method and idea, you can save almost anything and make it into sauce or a puree to add to soups, stews, or just eat on it’s own (once it’s been cooked and doctored).
Blender Vanilla Pear Sauce
- 3lbs of pears or 8 pears (peeled, cored, and rough cut)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon*
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup
(*you can substitute cinnamon and ginger for 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon Plus)
- Place your ¼ cup of water into the pitcher of the Deluxe Cooking Blender along with all of the peeled, cored, and roughly cut pears.
- Turn the dial to sauce and push the center button to start (this cycle may take 45 minutes)
- When the display reads ADD, open the clear middle of the lid and add in the rest of the seasonings. Push the center button (this cycle may take another 20-30 minutes)
- When the time is up, transfer the hot pear sauce into glass jars and cool on the counter to room temp.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
***Links to my favorite things****
🧂 Lynker Salt/Pepper Grinders (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/40PG6ej
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com