Are you looking for an easy flavor packed meatball? This is it! 2022 is all about sharing the things I love, so I thought I would share this amazing recipe that got me through my childhood. It’s so good, and so very easy to throw together that I can almost guarantee you will be adding this into your regular recipe rotation.
Original recipe from Taste of Home: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/porcupine-meatballs/
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion or 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 clove of minced garlic or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water (as needed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- Mix the ground beef, egg, rice, 1/2 cup water, onion, salt, celery salt, garlic, and black pepper in a bowl. Roll the mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Freezer directions:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the meatballs. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, until evenly browned.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour into a freezer bag, then place the cooled meatballs into the sauce.
- Seal and freeze for up to 6 months.
- On cooking day, defrost in the refrigerator and transfer to an oven safe dish or skillet and continue with below directions.
- Skillet directions:
- Cover and simmer until the meatballs are no longer pink in the center and the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in more water if the sauce looks too dry (and turn down your heat).
- Oven or air fryer directions:
- Cover and cook at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 15 minutes longer.
Serve meatballs over a bed of rice and a green veggie.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking