What do you do when you have a little less than 3lbs of thinly sliced potatoes to use up? Why you make Scalloped Potatoes of course! This pantry staple recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! To see the video proof of the reason I had all these potatoes, click here: https://youtu.be/yWIbDR5_7uI
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup flour (1 to 1 gluten free blends work well)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds thinly sliced potatoes
- salt and pepper on potato layers
- Optional: 1 cup cheddar cheese for the top
- Melt better, onion, and garlic in a pan or pot. Saute until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add your flour and mix well, continuing to cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and whisk well.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking the entire time.
- Bring to a boil as you continue to whisk.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat your oven to 350F/175C
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan
- Layer ⅓ of the potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Spread ⅓ of the sauce (about 1 ½ cups) over the top
- Repeat layers ending with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the optional cheddar cheese on top.
- Grease the foil (or whatever you are covering it with) and cover.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered.
- Remove cover and bake 35-40 more minutes or until everything is bubbly and the potatoes are tender.
- Optional: Broil 3-5 minutes if your dish needs more color.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking