Simple Sesame Beef Freezer Meal
You know the meal that you smell all day long and can’t wait to try? Then when it’s dinner you get really excited and hope (and pray) that it’s as good as it smells? Then once on the plate you find it hard NOT to gorge yourself on the tasteful dish?
YES. YES. YES. This is that meal.
- 3 gallon sized freezer bags
- 1 pounds beef roast, sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup homemade beef stock
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 12-16oz fresh or frozen broccoli
- 2 snack sized bags (or sandwich bags will do)
- Put 2 tablespoons of arrowroot flour/starch into one snack bag.
- Put 1/2 cup of sesame seeds (toasted preferred) into the other snack bag.
Step one: Label bag one: Simple Sesame Beef – Cook on low 7-8 hours
Step two: In bag two: place beef roast strips, onions, garlic, soy sauce, beef stock, ginger, salt and pepper. Seal and knead the bag to mix well. Place bag two inside bag one.
Step three: Add the two snack sized bags with arrowroot and sesame into the labeled bag.
Step four: Add broccoli to bag 3 and place inside labeled bag one (if there is no room, just attach it to the outside with a rubber band.
Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pour the contents of the meat bag into a crockpot and cook on low 7-8 hours.
- An hour or more before you want to eat, ladle some broth into a bowl and mix in arrowroot then add back to the crockpot.
- Add in the defrosted broccoli over the top of the meat and allow the broccoli to cook.
- Alternatively, you can steam the broccoli separately and still get the same results.
- When broccoli is done and sauce is thickened, mix well and top with sesame seeds.
For Pressure Cooker:
- Pour the contents of the meat bag into a inner pot of your pressure cooker
- Seal and set on high pressure for 10 minutes..
- When time is up, use quick release of the pressure and remove the lid. Set the pot to saute/sear.
- Mix the arrowroot in the pot and mix well.
- Add the defrosted broccoli just over the top of the meat and seal the pot.
- Set on high pressure for 1 minute. When the timer goes off, quick release.
- Mix well and top with sesame seeds. Optional Sriracha as a topping!
Seriously… the first time I made this without my hack it was bland and just “okay”. But this time… phenomenal. Really. Really good.
Print your recipe here:
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking