Southern Air Fried Chicken
Does Southern Fried Chicken have to be deep fried? After this video, my answer is no! Wow, I can’t believe how crispy the Air Fryer made this chicken and how incredibly good it was! Dare I say this chicken would make a Southerner proud?? I think I dare! If you are looking for a healthy alternative to Southern Fried Chicken, you MUST try it in your air fryer.
Side note: The next couple weeks of videos will be in various locations as I’m going to be visiting the kitchen’s of my friends and family as we transition to our new house!
Southern Air Fried Chicken
Ingredients for seasoning:
● 2 TSP of Sea Salt
● 1 TSP of Black Pepper
● 1 TSP of Smoked Paprika
● 1 TSP of Garlic Powder
● 1 TSP of Onion Powder
● 2lbs Chicken
● 1 cup self-rising flour
● 2 eggs
● 2 Tablespoons of milk
● ¼ cup of water
● Spray oil
1. Preheat your air fryer for 15 minutes at 400F.
2. Mix seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Use 1 tablespoon of the seasoning rub to season your chicken.
3. Place your 1 cup of flour in a shallow dish and add remaining rub.
4. Dredge your chicken into the flour, shaking off any excess. Allow the chicken to rest covered in flour for
5. In another shallow dish, beat your eggs with the milk and water.
6. Dredge your chicken carefully in the egg mixture, then shake off any excess.
7. Next, move your chicken to the flour mixture and coat well. Shake off excess before moving your
chicken to another plate (do not allow chicken pieces to touch)
8. Allow chicken to rest for several minutes before
9. Cook the chicken at 400 for 15-20 minutes flipping over in the middle. Chicken is done when internal
temp reads 165.
Southern Style White Gravy
● 2 tablespoons butter
● 2 tablespoons flour
● 2 cups warm milk
● 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Sprinkle flour over melted butter and whisk together to form a paste.
3. Allow the mixture to cook for a minute.
4. Slowly pour in milk, whisking constantly.
5. Add seasonings, continue to whisk constantly.
6. Allow the gravy to come to a boil, still whisking.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking