Spicy Sweet Sloppy Joes (TasteBuds Sept 2022)
Back by popular demand, TasteBuds! This week I’m adventuring with this month’s TasteBuds subscription so I can work out the kinks before you have any! The second recipe is the the Spicy Sweeet Sloppy Joes which serves 6, prep time 5 minutes, total time in the kitchen 25 minutes. This one was a surprise flavor, something I’ve never eaten before. Another keeper!
- Mix N Chop (personal website): https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Favorites/Favorites/Mix+%27N+Chop/258
- Honey Sriracha Seasoning: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Pantry/Seasonings/Honey+Sriracha+Seasoning/100809
- 12″ Stainless Steel Non-stick Skillet: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Favorites/Favorites/12%22+Stainless+Steel+Nonstick+Skillet/2088
TasteBuds Spicy Sweet Sloppy Joes
- 1 TBSP (15 mL) veg oil
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 TBSP (15 mL) Honey Sriracha Seasoning
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 2 TBSP (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 TBSP (15 mL) soy sauce
- 3 TBSP (45 mL) melted butter
- 1 ½ TBSP (22 mL) honey
- ½ tsp (3 mL) Honey Sriracha Seasoning
- 6 sesame seed hamburger buns
- Optional: Green onions
Heat the oil in the large nonstick saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Brown the ground beef in the pan, breaking it up into pieces, until it’s no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the rub, tomato sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for 3 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey, and rub. Brush the butter mixture onto the tops and bottoms of the hamburger buns and lightly toast in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
Serve the filling in the toasted hamburger buns with sliced green onions if you’d like.
#TasteBuds #AdventuresinEverydayCooking #PamperedChef
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com