This stuffed pepper skillet is one of my comfort foods. When we have an overabundance of garden veggies, THIS at least twice a week. It’s so good. So healthy (well if you just ignore the cheese and pork— totally) and so comforting. It’s a crowd pleaser!
Thank you for watching! Make sure you like, share, and subscribe so you will always catch my videos as soon as they are up!
You can make this a #GetitTogetherandGo recipe by using minute rice.
- 3 large green bell peppers diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb unseasoned ground pork
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsps italian seasoning
- 1 tsps smoked paprika
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups rice
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 29 oz diced tomatoes 2 cans including juice
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp green onions or chives optional
- sour cream optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic, saute until the onions and peppers have some color to them.
- Add in the ground pork and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add in salt, italian seasonings, paprika, and tomatoes, stir to combine.
- Add in your rice and chicken broth, stir to combine.
- With the heat on medium, continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the rice cooks through and absorbs all the liquid (note, if you are using minute rice, this won’t take long).
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese and recover for 5 minutes to melt.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream and green onions/chives.