Swedish meatballs are a Christmas tradition in my family! And once you see just how easy it is to make them from scratch, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made them before! Maybe they’ll even become part of your own holiday tradition!
Ingredients for meatballs:
- 8oz ground beef, unseasoned
- 8oz ground pork, unseasoned
- ¼ cup bread crumbs, unseasoned
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the ground meat, breadcrumbs, parsley, allspice, nutmeg, onion, garlic powder, pepper, salt and egg. Roll into meatballs.
- Stove top directions for meatballs: Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter. Once hot, quickly add in the meatballs. Cook meatballs, turning often so that all the sides brown. Meatballs should be cooked through. Remove meatballs from the skillet and cover with a piece of foil until you are ready to re-add them.
- Air Fryer directions for meatballs: Set your air fryer for 400F and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning over once while cooking.
- Sauce directions: Add 4 Tablespoons butter and flour to the skillet and whisk until the flour dissolves and starts to brown. Slowly whisk in beef broth, heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer and allow sauce to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet and simmer for another 1-2 minutes or until the meatballs are warmed through.
- Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes, or other starch.
Note: This recipe works well with all beef. You can also use minced/ground turkey.
#SwedishMeatballs #GetitTogetherandGo #AdventuresinEverydayCooking
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking