Utilize the small amount of protein you have leftover from last night’s dinner and feed the whole family a fantastic TexMex bowl! Inspired by Garden of Eatn in Roseville, CA, I created this dup! And every time I eat it or serve it, I do a happy dance. You want to dance. You want to try this. Amazing.
Air Fried Green Tomatoes
(original recipe from Down Home with the Neelys)
Ingredients for Tomatoes:
- 4 green tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch rings
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup flour (GF is fine)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs (GF is fine)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch paprika
Ingredients for dipping sauce:
- 1 cup apple cider (NOT VINEGAR)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of dried chives
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the apple cider and brown sugar. Allow to reduce until thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cool, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, BBQ sauce and lime juice. Add in the dried chives and the apple cider syrup. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour for best flavor.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Season tomatoes, on both sides, with salt and pepper.
- Place flour and garlic powder in a shallow dish.
- In a second dish, beat eggs with the milk.
- In a third dish, mix bread crumbs with cayenne and paprika.
- Dredge tomatoes through the flour, then the eggs, and then through the bread crumbs.
- Place on the air fryer tray and air fry for 8-10 minutes (flipping in the middle for even browning).
- Serve with Buttermilk Dipping Sauce.
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com