Vanilla Latte Coffee Cake with Sue
Have you ever heard of putting coffee in your coffee cake? I surely hadn’t, so when my friend Sue offered to show me her recipe, I said, “I’m in!” And oh my goodness you guys, this is an amazing recipe that you WILL want to try in your own everyday kitchen. Thank you Sue for sharing your recipe with us!
Vanilla Latte Coffee Cake
(From the kitchen of Sue McMahon)
- ⅔ cups room temp butter
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup espresso (or any strong coffee)
- ½ cup buttermilk (or soured milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- For vanilla froth: Heavy cream and splash of vanilla
- Grease two 8×8 pans or one 9×13.
- Add butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt to a mixing bowl. Cut together with a pastry cutter (or knife and fork) until it resembles sand (it’s okay if larger chunks of butter remain).
- Remove ½ cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Stir in your spices and baking soda.
- Add in your coffee, buttermilk, and eggs. Mix until batter is evenly colored.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Froth your heavy cream with a splash of vanilla (or make full whipped cream). Spoon froth over your coffee cake before serving.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com