Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll
Check out this classic Pumpkin Roll recipe turned Gluten Free! (Don’t worry, you can make it with all purpose wheat flour too). These Pumpkin Rolls are one of my favorite treats to make (and sell) over the holiday season. Serve this divine roll straight from the freezer! So, so, so good!
Thank you to community member Zoey Zoey Zoey for requesting this delicious treat!
- 3 eggs (separated in yolks from whites)
- 1 cup sugar (separated ½ and ½
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup of all purpose flour (*GF see note)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- Flour sack kitchen towel
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 8oz cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tablespoons of butter, room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoons of vanilla
- More powdered sugar for dusting
- Line 10×15* baking sheet with parchment and spray with nonstick spray, set aside.
Directions for cake:
- Beat egg yolks into a nice lemony color, then add ½ cup of sugar and mix well. Add in pumpkin and mix well.
- In a stand mixer, whip egg whites slowly until bubbles form. Add ¼ cup of sugar until mixture thickens, add remaining ¼ cup of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold together the two mixtures until few white streaks remain, do not overmix.
- Combine dry ingredients separately and fold into wet slowly and until just combined.
- Spread into a prepared baking sheet. Bake 375 for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes only.
- Generously dust the top of the cooling cake. Drape cloth over the top of the cake, grab edges of the cloth (under the pan), secure, then carefully flip the cake onto the counter.
- Remove parchment paper slowly to prevent breaking the cake
- Immediately roll the cake as tightly as you can. Allow to cool completely.
Directions for filling:
- Cream together butter and cream cheese. Mix until smooth with zero chunks. Add in vanilla and beat until smooth. Add in your powdered sugar and mix slowly until fully incorporated, then whip until light and fluffy
- Unroll cooled roll carefully and spread filling over the top leaving some space at the edges. Roll cake back into a roll (don’t roll towel into it) and cover with powdered sugar.
- Wrap tightly in freezer paper or foil. When you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer and slice. Serve immediately.
- You can use a 9×13 baking sheet but your cake will be thicker.
- For a Gluten Free, replace all-purpose flour with “Bob’s Redmill 1 to 1 Baking Flour”.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking