Leg of Lamb (sous vide) with garlic butter
I was looking for a way to make THE BEST lamb of my life… and you guys THIS IS IT!! This recipe comes from FoodieandWine.com and I can’t believe how incredible this lamb turned out!! Simply fantastic! I will never do lamb another way again. Ever.
- 🧂Lynker Salt/Pepper Grinders (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/40PG6ej
Print your Sous Vide Leg of Lamb with Garlic Butter here:
Sous Vide Lamb with Garlic Butter
- 1 leg of lamb
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried rosemary or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, for searing
- Garlic butter (recipe below)
- Pre-heat your sous vide water bath to your preferred doneness (see chart).
- Mix together the mustard and garlic powder. Coat the roast evenly with dijon mustard mixture.
- Liberally salt and pepper your lamb, then press the rosemary into the surface so it sticks.
- Place the lamb in a vacuum-seal bag and close using a vacuum sealer.
- Submerge the vacuumed bag of lam into your water bath and cook for 12 hours.
- If serving with the garlic butter sauce, make it right before you remove the lamb roast from the water bath.
- At the end of the time, remove the lamb from the bag and discard any juices that have accumulated. Pat dry to sear.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a thick skillet (cast iron) and pre-heat over high heat until it’s scorching hot (it will start to smoke a little). This will take approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Sear each side of the lamb for 45-60 seconds.
- Allow your lamb to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Garlic Butter: ½ cup butter, 1½-2 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt (if not using salted butter). Melt butter in the skillet on low heat. Add in the other ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
Temperature Chart: Rare: 115°F-124°F; Medium Rare: 125°F-134°F; Medium: 135°F-144°F; Medium Well: 145°F-154°F; Well done: 155°F
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com