Sous Vide Crème Brûlée (Creme Brulee)
If you’ve been looking for a reason to get an immersion cooker (#SousVide)… then this beautifully smooth, perfectly creamy, amazingly textured, easy Crème Brûlée recipe is it! Seriously so easy (and very dangerous because it’s so easy) and divine! If you don’t have a blowtorch to brûlée the top after, I’ll show you the broiler results too!
- Anova Precision Cooker Sous Vide (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3HZqF9M
- 4oz Jars (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3tfzRCJ
- Cambro Sous Vide Container (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3qiaXR1
- Kitchen Torch (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/34HGvYa
Sous Vide Crème Brûlée
Ingredients for the Custard
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream (or combo of half/half and cream)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Topping
- ¼ cup granulated sugar or demerara sugar
Whisk together egg yolks, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Add cream to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Divide mixture into 4oz mason jars (please note, if you use larger jars, you will need to double your cooking time).
Tap the jars on the counter several times to dislodge any bubbles.
- Place the lid on the mason jar and twist until just tight.
Place your jars into your container/pot of water and set your sous vide precision cooker 176ºF/80ºC.
Cook for 1 hour for 4oz jars and 2 hours for 8oz jars.
At the end of the time, remove the jars from the water bath and twist the lid off and allow them to cool at room temperature with no lid for 30-60 minutes
- Once the jars are cool, replace the lids and put the jars in the refrigerator overnight (minimum 4-6 hours).
When you are ready to serve, add about a teaspoon of sugar to top of each custard. Use a kitchen torch to melt the tops until the sugar is caramelized. Alternately you can use the broiler for a few minutes.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking