Thank you to community member Lula Mamie for suggesting Rib Eye in the Sous Vide! This was completely amazing!! I was so shocked it worked so well!!
Original recipe here: https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/recipes/sous-vide-rib-eye-steak-recipe
Sous-Vide Rib Eye Steak
- One 16-to-18-ounce boneless rib eye steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- One 4-inch rosemary sprig
- One 3-inch piece lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
1. Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper. Place in a vacuum-seal bag with the thyme, garlic, rosemary and lemon and vacuum seal closed. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a sealable plastic bag and dip the bag into a large bowl of water to displace the air before sealing shut.
2. Preheat a pot of water fitted with a sous-vide immersion circulator to 129° according to the manufacturer’s directions. Cook the steak for 2 hours, making sure it is completely submerged in the water. Remove the bag from the pot and take the steak out of the bag, drying with paper towels.
3. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the steak and cook, flipping once until seared on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Add the butter and baste the steak for 10 to 15 seconds more. Transfer to a board to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Slice the steak and garnish with flaky sea salt, then serve.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking