Happy March! With St. Patrick’s Day on it’s way, I thought I would do a couple Irish inspired recipes… with Guinness. Disclaimer: I don’t like beer. So, results will be skewed 😉 Watch at your own risk. LOL To be fair, my husband loved the sauce and the meatballs… and I, well, you will just have to watch and see.
Original recipe can be found here: https://thefoodcafe.com/baked-meatballs-in-guinness-sauce/
Guinness Meatballs & Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup Guinness Stout
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup stuffing mix processed in food processor ( I used Pepperidge Farms seasoned stuffing mix)
- 2-11.2 oz Guinness stout
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1-1/2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Add at the end: 4 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp sauce
- In a large bowl add beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, diced onion, seasoned stuffing mix (ground into fine crumbs), Guinness beer, and an egg, mix and form into balls.
- Oven instructions for meatballs: Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Air Fryer instructions for meatballs: Spray your air fryer tray with plenty of nonstick spray (or oil). Place formed meatballs on your tray and bake at 400 for 15- 20 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, Add Guinness, BBQ sauce, honey, molasses, dry mustard, diced onion, and garlic salt to a large skillet. Bring to a boil and turn down and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Bring sauce back to a boil. Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of sauce and pour into sauce, stirring until thickened.
- Add meatballs, mix and serve.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking