Pressure canning is going to make food waste a thing of the past in my house! And oh my, pressure canning potatoes is so easy! I don’t know why I didn’t try it sooner! Well, I do know why, I didn’t have the Nesco Digital Smart Canner… that is really why. But what I don’t know, is why it took me so long to try it!!
This is not a sponsored post, instead I purchased the #Nesco Digital Smart Canner last year and this is my first season of actually using it! I’m impressed!
I do receive a very small profit from you purchasing through my affiliate links.
- Nesco Digital Smart Canner (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PhIfee
- Spring Loaded Ball Canning Jar Lifter (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3ZkCXDt
Instructions for canning potatoes:
- Peel and dice your white potatoes, soak in water so they potatoes don’t turn brown. (Potatoes must be peeled for bacterial reasons)
- Sanitize your jars.
- Par boil your potatoes for 2 minutes (for tiny cubes) up to 10 minutes for 1inch cubes.
- Drain and ladle your hot potatoes into clean jars.
- Cover the potatoes with clean boiling water leaving 1 inch of headspace.
- Wipe jars rims with vinegar and place new unused lids onto the hot potatoes.
- Place a ring on the jar, finger tightened only.
- Add 8 cups of clean boiling water to the Nesco Canner.
- Carefully place jars into the canner.
- Make sure the correct pressure nozzle is on your pot (as per the directions in book–I used black/10 psi)
- Set your exhaust valve to exhaust.
- Set your canner by pushing the high pressure button, adjust your time to 40 minutes, then push start.
- When the canner beeps and shows E10 on the screen, move the exhaust valve to airtight.
- Allow the pressure canner to come down naturally once done.
- Remove jars from pot and allow to sit at room temp for 24 hours.
- Check seals and store in cool dry place.
***Links to my favorite things****
🧂 Lynker Salt/Pepper Grinders (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/40PG6ej
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking