Alfredo Tortellini Soup (Leftover chicken or turkey)
I know you have Thanksgiving leftovers! So let’s use those up and eat an AMAZING meal in the process! If you love Alfredo, this recipe is a no brainer. It’s a great way to use up that leftover turkey and no one will even know! Seriously a great recipe!
Alfredo Tortellini Soup
(using leftover turkey or chicken)
- 1 pound leftover turkey or chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced baby carrots
- 1 Tablespoons of minced garlic (2 cloves)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ – 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini, frozen or fresh
- 1 ½ – 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Melt your butter over medium-high heat and add the onions and carrots. Cook until onions are translucent but aren’t taking on color. Sprinkle some of your salt and pepper (do not add it all!)
- Add in your garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds, careful not to burn.
- Add in your flour and stir well for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, a little at a time until completely incorporated.
- Add in the half-and-half and red pepper flakes and bring to just a simmer and allow the soup to thicken (could take 5 minutes).
- Add the tortellini to the vessel and cook until al dente (5 to 7 minutes).
- Remove the vessel from the heat and add the cheese a little at a time, stirring after each pour.
- Taste and season with the remaining salt and pepper if it’s needed.
- Stir in your spinach and serve immediately
#AdventuresinEverydayCooking #Leftovers #LeftoverTurkeyRecipes
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com