Angel Food cake is one of my all-time favorite spring treats! But when you are gluten free, finding a good GF treat like this is almost impossible! So I created my own! BUT Glutinous folks, this recipe will work with cake flour! So you too should try this and thrill your spring guests and family!
Angel Food Cake
* 1-1/4 cups large egg whites (about 9)
* 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
* 1 cup Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour (or 1 cup glutinous cake flour)
* 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°/ and set your oven racks to the lowest position, but make sure you are at least 2 inches away from heating element.
2. Place egg whites in bowl of your stand mixer and add cream of tartar, both of the extracts and salt to egg whites. Beat until soft frothy peaks form.
3. Turn mixer to high and add 1/2 cup of sugar in one tablespoon at a time until you achieve a stiff peak (Or the mixture will stick to your finger and not flop over).
4. Sift your flour and 1 cup of sugar together two or three times before slowly folding the flour into your egg mixture 1/2 cup at a time.
5. Gently spoon into an ungreased tube pan. Using an offset spatula, or knife, cut through the batter to remove air pockets and flatten your top.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and the top appears dry. Immediately invert the pan; cool completely, 1-2 hours.
4. Run a silicone spatula or something non-metal around the side and center tube of the pan to release the sticky cake. Remove cake to a serving plate.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking