Basil Pesto is a true #GetItTogetherandGo meal. It takes 5 ingredients, a blender or food processor, and 5 minutes before you will have a rich delicious sauce ready to take on any pasta of your choosing (don’t forget to salt your water).
- 4 cups basil leaves no stems
- ¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Combine basil leaves, pine nuts, and garlic in food processor and process until finely minced.
- With machine running, slowly drizzle in oil and process until your mixture is smooth.
- Add cheese, and process very briefly (too much friction will melt the cheese).
- Pesto is ready to eat! Stir into your favorite hot pasta.
- Store leftover in a glass container in refrigerator or freezer.