#AECRoadTrip RECIPE FIVE: Today’s totally amazing recipe is a mighty STRETCH for BBQ, but the flavors are out of this world! This was one of the recipes I enjoyed while in Kansas City at my aunt and uncles house and what I love about this recipe is that you can make it gluten and dairy free (like I did here), or you can make it with all the wheat and milk that you desire! I also showed the two options for cooking it in the oven and #DeluxeAirFryer… just don’t burn it like I did 😉
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3/4 cups flour (wheat or gluten free)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cups milk (or milk alternative)
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or veg oil)
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a large bowl, add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and milk, and stir until well-combined.
- Break the head of cauliflower into florets, about 1½-inches wide. Add the cauliflower florets to the batter, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Follow baking instructions below.
- While is bakes/air frys, in a small bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, coconut oil, and honey and stir until evenly combined.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Spray air fryer rack or basket with cooking oil. Working in batches, place cauliflower on the racks (or in your air fryer basket).
- Set your air fryer to AIR FRY and 15 minutes. At the halfway mark rotate your racks and flip cauliflower (or shake your basket).
- Brush glaze mixture over your cauliflower and air fry an additional 5 -10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and glaze has become sticky and delicious.
- Arrange the coated cauliflower on the baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 450 for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Brush the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower and bake for another 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and glaze has become sticky and delicious.
Here is the basting brush I used: Silicone Brush