I’ve been asked to find out if browning meat in an air fryer is possible! So today I tackle browning meat in the air fryer and making lasagna out of it (in #DeluxeAirFryer)! Not only is this method valid, but the results are delicious!
Thank you to community member Charlotte Britt for suggesting this adventure!! 🙂
- 8-9 inch pan/dish that fits and is safe for the air fryer
- 2lbs Italian sausage (if using plain beef, add Italian seasonings)
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 24 ounces marinara (reserve ¼ cup for bottom of pan)
- 8-10 lasagna noodles, cooked
- Cheese mixture:
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups of ricotta
- 8-16oz of mozzarella cheese (divided 2 cup + 1 cup)
- ½ cup of Parmesan (divided ¼ cup + ¼ cup)
- 2 Tbsp basil or Italian herbs
- Put your uncooked sausage, minced garlic, and raw chopped onions in the bottom of your air fryer safe baking pan/dish. Air fry on 350 for 15-18 minutes (stirring at the halfway mark) or until your sausage is cooked through.
- In another bowl, mix together your eggs, ricotta, 2 cups of cheese, ¼ cup parmesan, and your herbs.
- Once sausage mixture is done, drain any excess fat and transfer to another bowl where you will mix in your marinara sauce (minus ¼ cup). Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Do not wipe the pan/dish clean, instead cover the bottom with the reserved ¼ cup marinara. Spread the noodles across the bottom and layer with sausage mixture, cheese mixture, then top with noodles. Do this until your pan is full. Top your lasagna with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and ¼ cup of parmesan.
- Air fry covered on 350 for 20 minutes, then turn the air fryer up to 375 for 20 minutes.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking