Chicken Piccata is one of those dishes that everyone has heard of, but there are few people who have actually tried it… which (as we find out in this video) is a crying shame! This was such a surprisingly light and fresh flavor it’s easily my favorite dish of 2023 already! And because it’s so beautiful (not to mention –incredibly easy) this can be a go-to dinner idea for entertaining! If you haven’t tried it yet, you should! I can’t sing it’s praises enough!
Looking for the products I mentioned?
Sauce Whisk: https://www.pamperedchef.com/…/Sauce+Whisk/100483
Instant Read Thermometer: https://www.pamperedchef.com/…/Instant-Read+Food+Thermometer/100121
Citrus Juicer: https://www.pamperedchef.com/…/Prep/Citrus+Press/2595
Original recipe from Simply Recipes. https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_piccata
- 1 ½ pounds, boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs), pounded thin
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ¼-½ cup olive oil
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided (2/2 for beginning, 4 for the end)
- 1 cup chicken broth, or dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (or a bit of dried)
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Rinse the flattened chicken pieces in water then dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken to your pan, browning well on each side (takes about 3 minutes). Remove from the pan and cook the rest in the same manner adding additional Olive oil or butter if needed. Cover the reserved chicken with foil or place in 200°F oven to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Add the chicken stock (or white wine), lemon juice, and capers to the pan. Scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan and reduce your sauce to half.
- Whisk in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Serve over noodles, or with mashed potatoes.
Original recipe from: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_piccata
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com