Green Chicken Enchilada Soup (Keto Friendly)
Find your recipe here: http://adventuresineverydaycooking.com/recipes/enchilada-soup/ My all-time favorite thing to make with our Mexican leftovers, is chicken enchiladas. But making those enchiladas into soup… well that’s just pure genius. This soup is super easy to make, customizable with your favorite veggies, and best of all, it’s keto friendly!
Thank you John Casey for suggesting me record a Keto friendly recipe! Enjoy!
Green Enchilada Chicken Soup
- 3lbs of Chicken breasts, cooked
- 2-3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 bunch of green onions, divided white and green
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup of fresh green beans, canned will work
- 1 small zucchini, bite sized chunks (2 cups)
- 1 can of rotel tomatoes (tomatoes and green chilies)
- 2 garlic, minced
- 32oz (4 cups) of chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 4 oz (½ cup) verde green salsa
- 8oz (2 cups) Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz (½ block) cream cheese, cubed at room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Avocado, sour cream, hot sauce
- Melt butter in a large stock pot. Add the white part of the green onions, the celery, the bell peppers, the green beans, and the zucchini. Salt the veggies and saute until al dente.
- Add the can of rotel and the minced garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until your veggies are at the consistency you desire.
- Add half and half, enchilada sauce, verde green salsa, shredded Monterey jack cheese, and cubed cream cheese. Heat to warm only, do not boil.
- Serve topped with green onions and optional sour cream, avocado & or hot sauce.
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Find me on MeWe at https://mewe.com/group/5ff658139197222258ac649b
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking