Frosted Sugar Cookie Cake Pops
I’ve seen this little hack popping up around the internets over the last couple months! And since I have a party to bring treats to, I thought I would try this out… I don’t know what I was thinking. The last time I did cake pops it turned out, well, terrible. Maybe I thought I could redeem myself. Did I redeem myself? We shall see 😉
Sugar Cookie Cake Pops
- 12 pre-frosted sugar cookies
- 1 jar of premade frosting (or homemade frosting works)
- Melting chocolate
- White chocolate chips or sprinkles
- Cake pop sticks
- Add sugar cookies to a stand mixer and process until everything is broken into the finest crumb it can.
The crumbs should start pulling together. Test your “dough” by pressing into a ball. If it stays together
firmly, you don’t need any extra icing. But if it’s still crumbly, add extra icing ½ cup at a time until the
mixture pulls together in a ball.
- Using a two tablespoon scoop, portion your dough into balls.
- Place your melting chocolate in a tall but narrow microwave safe vessel and place in the microwave for
30 seconds. Stir, then continue to melt in 15 second blasts (stirring each time).
- Dip cake pop sticks into melted chocolate and push into the dough balls only about ⅓ of the way
through. Allow the melting chocolate to harden for 20 minutes in a cool area (if you need, you can put
them in the refrigerator).
- Remelt your chocolate if needed (15 second blasts), then dip your cake pops in up to the dried
chocolate stem. CAREFULLY shake off the excess chocolate.
- If you are decorating with sprinkles, do it while the chocolate is wet. If you are decorating with white
chocolate, melt and drizzle over the top.
#dessertrecipes #CakePops #HolidayRecipes #adventuresinEverydayCooking
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com
- Sourdough Discard Tortillas
- Rosemary Focaccia Bread Mix Review – My new pantry staple!!
- Easy PERFECT Beef Shank in the Air Fryer
- Deluxe Cooking Blender Spaghetti Sauce
- Mouthwatering Almond Pound Cake (Review of Pampered Chef Baking Mix)
- Salmon in the Air Fryer (Review of a Michelin favored knife – Nakano Knives)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- Air Fryer Pork Chops (Reviewing the FZKALY Chef’s Knife)
- Upping my sourdough game (Eurita Clay Pot Dutch Oven)
- THE UNTHINKABLE – Wagyu in the Air Fryer
- Canning Potatoes
- Perfect Breakfast Sandwich
- Tres Leches Double Layer Cake
- Hescred Sous-vide Precision Cooker Silicone Lid // REVIEW
- My first attempt at Challah!
- Air Fryer Veal Parmesan
- Cheaters Lemonade Pie – 3 ingredients (circa 1979)
- Peking Duck in the Deluxe Air Fryer (Rotisserie)
- Review: Handheld Electric Mason Jar Vacuum Sealer – VP05 Love Moment
- Pressure Cooker Kalua Pork
- Independence Day themed Battenberg Cake
- Air Fryer Beef Short Ribs
- My Favorite Granola
- Honeycomb (candy)
- Rotisserie Chicken is so easy in the Deluxe Air Fryer!
- Review 2 – Automatic Spice Grinder Set – Lynker
- Review 1 – Salt and Pepper Rechargeable Grinder Set – Lynker
- Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Easy Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Big Mac Copycat (and homemade buns)