This season I’m highlighting some “get it together & go” recipes that will hopefully arm you with tasty goodness on these busy summertime days! This one is a goody! I use it all season long and because it’s easy to mix-up, I never have the same Garden Skillet twice. All you need is some sausage (think kielbasa), some aromatics, and some veggies and you are ready to cook!
Pampered Chef products I used:
- 12″ Cast Iron Skillet
- Chef’s Tongs
- Quick Slice
- Garlic Press
- Coated Chef’s Knife
- Flexible Cutting Mat
- Chili Lime Rub Seasoning
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion chopped or sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped or sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped or sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped or sliced
- 1 zucchini thick chop or sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp Chili Lime Rub Seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger and stir fry until onions take on color (about 2-4 minutes depending on the heat of your skillet).
- Add veggies to skillet and season with salt. Cook veggies for 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Move veggies to the side and add sausage to the skillet. Allow sausage to sit undisturbed for a minute before stirring all together.
- Season with Chili Lime Rub (or your choice of seasoning -- you can omit all together).
- When veggies reach your desired doneness, turn off the heat. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green beans