Hello Dolly Bars
Everyone has had a Hello Dolly Bar at some point in their lives… I think. These little nuggets of joy popped up all over my childhood but they were always called something different (and sometimes a very risqué name). Not until I happened across them again this week did I remember just how easy they are to throw together in a very short period of time. Just a few ingredients and a little time and you will be transported back to yester-years or be completely amazed at these bars! They really don’t make sense, they shouldn’t work. But by do they ever!
Hello Dolly Bars
Ingredients for 9×13 or two 8×8:
● 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (12 graham crackers)
● ½ cup melted butter
● 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
● 1 cup butterscotch chips
● 1 cup sweetened coconut shreds
● ½ cup chopped pecans
● 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
Ingredients for larger dish:
● 2 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs (18 graham crackers)
● ¾ cups melted butter
● 1 (12oz) bag of semi sweet chocolate chips (1 ½ cups)
● 1 (11oz) bag of butterscotch chips (1 ½ cups)
● 1 ½ cups sweetened coconut shreds
¾ cups chopped pecans
● 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (a bit more okay but don’t overdo it)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Line your pan (or pans) with parchment or grease them lightly (this mixture will stick).
3. Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter together until all the graham crackers are moist. Press into
your prepared pan.
4. Sprinkle toppings evening over your crust in this order:
○ Semi sweet chocolate chips
○ Butterscotch chips
○ Coconut shreds
5. With a small spatula or spoon, drizzle the whole can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of
your pan(s). Try to cover as much of the topping as you possibly can.
6. Bake until golden brown.
○ 9×13 or larger pan: 20-25 minutes
○ 8×8 or 9×9: 15-20 minutes
7. Allow to cool COMPLETELY before cutting. Store them in the refrigerator for the best texture.