Irish Soda Bread – Recipe from Author, Carla Laureano
Need a quick bread recipe that requires only pantry staples? This is it! Irish Soda Bread is an easy bread that uses only baking soda (aka sodium bicarbonate) as the source of leavening! So while you won’t get the intense rise of a yeasted or sourdough bread, you will get a rise and it will be delicious! Thank you Carla Laureano for sharing your recipe with me those many years ago.
Check out Carla’s Broken Hearts Bakery series or other novels from this extremely talented author: https://www.carlalaureano.com/books/the-broken-hearts-bakery/
Irish Soda Bread
Recipe from Author Carla Laureano
- 4 cups (480g) flour
- 1 tsp (4g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (6g) salt
- 14 ounces (414 mL) buttermilk
- 1-2 Tablespoons (12.5g-25g) sugar (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F with your Dutch oven inside (with lid off, but inside the oven)
- Sift ingredients together into a large bowl. Add buttermilk to form a sticky dough.
- On a lightly floured countertop, shape your dough into a large boule (ball).
- Move your ball to a piece of parchment.
- Cut a deep cross on the top of the dough from left to right, top to bottom.
- Carefully take your dutch oven from the oven and lower your bread into it. (Optional: spritz with water for a smooth crust). Replace lid and get your dutch oven back into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid of the Dutch oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until your desired color is achieved.
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com