This is how you use up your leftover stuffing! Swedish Meatballs
I love to utilize leftovers, and Thanksgiving is the best time to do it! Today I’m going to show you how to utilize leftover stuffing in a easy and delicious Swedish Meatball recipe! It takes under 20 minutes to pull together and it’s so amazing! Serve it over leftover mashed potatoes or over a bed of egg noodles. This is a good one!
Leftover Stuffing Swedish Meatballs
Ingredients for meatballs:
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, pork, turkey, chicken, or mixture)
- 1 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For browning: 2 Tablespoons of butter
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup of flour
- 2 cups broth (chicken or beef)
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- Add last: 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together the ground meat, leftover stuffing, eggs, and all spice. Season your meat with salt and pepper if your leftover stuffing needed it. Otherwise, leave it out. Roll into meatballs.
- Stove top directions for meatballs: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add your 2 Tablespoons of butter and quickly add in the meatballs. Cook meatballs, turning often so that all the sides brown. Meatballs should be cooked through. Remove meatballs from the skillet and cover with a piece of foil until you are ready to re-add them.
- Air Fryer directions for meatballs: Set your air fryer for 400F and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Sauce directions: Melt 4 Tablespoons butter in a skillet on medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook out until the flour dissolves. Slowly whisk in the broth and add in your seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer and add in your half and half. Bring back up to a simmer for 8 minutes or until completely thicken.
- Whisk in your Worcestershire sauce then add in your meatballs. Heat for just another minute or two until the meatballs are warmed through.
- Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.
#AdventuresinEverydayCooking #LeftoverRecipes #HolidayLeftovers #HolidayRecipes #Leftovers #GetitTogetherandGo
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com