Lemon Garlic Chicken (freezer meal) & fresh pasta
Light and refreshing! Here is another easy weeknight meal that is sure to make your monthly routine — bonus, it’s a 5 ingredient freezer meal! Just throw the ingredients together in a bag and pop it in your freezer!
Homemade Pasta Video: https://youtu.be/Snn9YFE3gTA
Products I used or mentioned:
- Instant Pot 7-1 Duo (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3Oeds2W
- Crock for bag (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3WbEGJE
- Kitchen Aid pasta attachments (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/42WgME2
- Pastry Mat (personal website): https://www.pamperedchef.com/...
- Pastry Roller (personal website): https://www.pamperedchef.com….
- Microwave Grip Set: https://www.pamperedchef.com/…
Print your Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe here:
Print your Fresh Pasta Recipe here:
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or the juice of one whole lemon
- 3-4 oz capers, with liquid
- 6 chicken breasts or 8 to 10 chicken tenders
Add all ingredients to a gallon sized freezer bag..
MAKE IT NOW: Transfer contents to either the instant pot or crockpot and cook as directed below.
MAKE IT A FREEZER MEAL: Seal bag or container, removing as much air as possible and freeze.
COOK IN INSTANT POT: From frozen, add contents into an instant pot. Add 1/4 cup water. Cook for 10 minutes at high pressure then allow 10 minutes for natural release. From thawed or freshly made, transfer into an instant pot. Cook for 9 minutes at high pressure, then allow 10 minutes for natural release.
COOK IN CROCK POT: Place the frozen chicken in your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or high for 4-6 hours.)
COOK IN OVEN: Thaw chicken. Pour chicken and marinade into a baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
COOK ON STOVE TOP: Thaw and grill in a cast iron skillet on the stove, or outside on the barbecue grill, until no longer pink inside.
SERVE WITH: So delicious served over noodles finished with a bit of parsley.
Fresh Pasta Dough
- 3 large eggs, beaten (150g)
- 2 cups of flour (220g)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil (13g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (5g)
- Add flour and salt to the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Start on low to mix together dry ingredients.
- Keeping the mixer on, add oil and eggs to the middle (or as close as possible– this will simulate the traditional mixing by hand).
- Allow the dough to come together slowly (you may need to coax the flour down to incorporate fully).
- As soon as the flour is completely incorporated, turn the mixer up and allow the mixer to knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and stretchy.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and wrap your smooth, stretchy dough in plastic wrap and let rest for at least 30 minutes (but you can make the dough ahead of time and store it wrapped in the refrigerator).
- Once rested, divide the dough and roll out into your desired noodle size.
***Links to my favorite things****
🧂 Lynker Salt/Pepper Grinders (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/40PG6ej
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com