Copycat Marley Nachos – Queso Recipe
Looking for a game day idea? Check out this copycat recipe for the Beach Hut Marley Nachos! This queso recipe is so simple (all pantry staples) you’ll be wondering why you never made it before!
Besides these amazing nachos, Beach Hut Deli has some pretty amazing sandwiches too! If you are anywhere within 30 miles of one (they can be found in California, Oregon, Nevada, and Texas) you should check them out!
- 2.5 cups / 225 g cheese, freshly shredded (not preshredded)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup of white onion, very finely chopped
- 12 oz evaporated milk (1 can)
- 1 can rotel (tomatoes and green chilies)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 tbsp milk, for thinning the cheese if needed
- Salt to taste
- Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl, toss to coat.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large stock pot.
- Add onion, cook slowly for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add rotel (including juices) and cook for 2 minutes until the tomato is slightly softened.
- Add evaporated milk and cheese. Stir, then add spices.
- Stir until the cheese melts and starts to thicken.
- Add salt to taste – amount required depends on saltiness of cheese used. Stir in milk to adjust consistency (the dip thickens when it cools, and milk can be added later to adjust to taste).
- Stir in cilantro and serve warm or at room temperature – it will be soft and scoopable even when it cools.