My favorite quiche!
The new Spring Summer products are out from #PamperedChef and I am wasting no time in jumping into some of my favorite recipes! This is everything you’ll ever want in a quiche and more! And in this tart pan, it’s perfect with my favorite quiche!
(makes two quiche)
Ingredients for Crust
- 1 large egg
- 2 ½ tablespoons of water
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter sliced into cubes
Ingredients for filling
- 10 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 can (6oz) diced green chilies
- 1 cup of sausage
- ½ – 1 tsp salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp pepper
- For the crust: In the bowl of your food processor, add flour and salt and give a quick pulse. Add in the egg and pulse several times before adding the butter pulsing after each block addition. Only pulse until the mixture looks like sand. Add in the water and pulse until the dough pulls together on one side of the food processor.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and split the dough in two. Knead into a ball and roll out into the size of your vessel.
- Press your crust into your pan and freeze 20-30 minutes before blind baking.
- Place parchment into your crust and fill with pie weights.
- Blind bake at 400°F for 15 minutes then remove the parchment and weights and continue baking for 5 minutes. Allow the crust to cool slightly before filling.
- Drop the temperature of the oven to 350°F.
- For the filling: Mix together all ingredients and pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until the center of the quiche is set.