Puff pastry + Nutella + sugar = the easiest cookie you’ll EVER make! Bring this to your next BBQ and people will think you spent HOURS on these. Nope, 10 minutes tops. And you don’t have to use Nutella, you can make them the traditional way (cinnamon and sugar), but as for me and my house, we will use Nutella. Forevermore. Amen.
Recipe I loosely followed — I did dust my work surface with sugar like traditional palmiers: https://www.handletheheat.com/nutella-palmiers-or-easiest-dessert/
Pampered Chef products I used:
- Pastry Mat
- Bakers Roller
- Sugar Shaker
- Small Spreader
- Chef’s Knife
- Small Flexible Cutting Mat
- Half Sheet Pan
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1/2-3/4 cups Nutella
- 1/4 cup caster sugar, granulated sugar
- Allow puff pastry to come to room temp (40-60 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 450F or 230C.
- Cover workspace with sugar and pace single defrosted sheet on top.
- With a rolling pin, roll out a single sheet of puff pastry into a 13x13 inch square (give or take).
- With an offset spatula, spread 4 tablespoons (or so) of the Nutella edge to edge.
- Resist temptation to lick the knife, you still have another pastry to go.
- Starting on the edge closest to you, roll your pastry in a tight roll, stopping at the middle. Repeat with opposite side until the two rolls meet in the middle.
- Cut roll down the middle. Then those halves in half. Then those quarters in half, and keep cutting in half until you have small portions of cookie (Maybe 1.5cm thick... ish).
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment or silicon mat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until palmiers are golden brown on the edges. Allow to cool completely.