NY Levain Cookies – Copycat Recipe
By : AEC Heather | 2 Comments | On : November 23, 2020 | Category : Desserts, Recipes
This is the cookie your mama warned you about. It is sunshine on a cloudy day… it is nostalgia wrapped between fluffy goodness… and beware, it weighs 6oz and is NOT a low calorie food… but oh my word is it good.
The NY Levain Bakery is known for their HUGE cakelike cookies. Obviously being a sugar lover and cookie lover, you know I had to try them out. The first time I tried them, I did not heed the warnings that said “don’t skip the cake flour” and I was so sad. They were good, but were they anything to write home about… well yes, but they were not NY Levain Cookies! So onward I trudged and when you make them exactly how the recipes calls… the angels sing (or is that the bathroom scale screaming?)
I’ve been notified that this is Joshua Wiessman’s recipe-esque… Or at least close! So if you want to see the video of him and Babish going to NY and trying the cookie… go here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYH1Z7TUSEI
MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
- Edible Cookie Dough (sounds like an oxymoron, huh?)
- Römertopf vs Dutch Oven Battle
- This recipe scared me… but now I’m empowered – Homemade Marshmallows!
- Lemon Garlic Chicken (freezer meal) & fresh pasta
- 12 Skills for the Everyday Cook – Pizza Dough (Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza)
- FAIL: Keto/Sugar Free Macarons
- Garlic Noodles (San Francisco – Chef John’s recipe)
- Candy coated nuts in the air fryer
- Cookie and Kate’s Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- I’m not so sure about this Acadian Rappie Pie, but here goes.
- Prep with me!
- Egg Roll in a bowl
- Freezer Meal – Easy Sausage Gumbo
- Blender Pear Sauce – from unsavory pears
- Breakfast Crescent Roll-Ups
- Leg of Lamb (sous vide) with garlic butter
- Sous Vide Hard Boiled Eggs
- Homemade Yogurt
- Freezer Meal Workshop (GC Session 1)
- Pickled Onions
- Brownie Brittle
- Scottish Macaroons are made of what??
- Beginners Sourdough Starter
- Macarons – The most fun cookie of all times!
- Battle Corned Beef – Who does it better, Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker or Sous Vide
- Start to finish Sourdough bread!
- My favorite quiche!
- JUST RELEASED!! Pampered Chef products for Spring/Summer 2023
- The G.O.A.T. dessert! Raspberry Bakewell Tart
- Simple Sesame Beef Freezer Meal
posted by Linda on November 24, 2020
Are these soft and chewy cookies, or more cake-like?
posted by Heather Neff on November 28, 2020
They are definitely cake-like! Now, I say that and I’ll tell you I am generally a chewy cooker lover… but these are naughty-good!