The best way to describe Onigirazu is — Japanese sushi sandwich. And since I love sandwiches, sushi, and adventure, I just knew I had to make this thing happen! And happened it did and our whole family are fans!
You can make this recipe using a variety of ingredients, and in this video, I made crab salad, BLT, and strawberry rice puddling(esk) Onigirazu.
I don’t have a recipe for my version of Onigirazu, but I will tell you the ingredients I used
- crab salad
- sweet bell peppers
- green onion
- sauce – sweet chili sauce, sriracha mayo, teriyaki
Instant Pot Sushi Rice
- 2 cups calrose rice or sushi rice
- 2 cups water
ADD AFTER COOKING
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- Rinse your rise several times to remove the starch. Drain thoroughly and add rice to pressure cooker pot.
- Add your water.
- Set your cooker for 12 minutes on LOW PRESSURE.
- Warm vinegar in glass measuring cup for 1 minute. Add salt and sugar and mix to dissolve. Set aside.
- When the time is up, allow to natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Release the remaining pressure and with a wooden spoon, transfer the cooked rice to a glass bowl.
- Add in your vinegar mixture and stir well.
- Allow to cool to touch before using.