Peking Duck in the Deluxe Air Fryer (Rotisserie)
Did you know that you can make restaurant quality Peking Duck in your #I’mDeluxeAirFryer on the rotisserie?!?! I didn’t either! But OH MY GOODNESS, this was so surprisingly delicious that this has easily become a monthly meal request (budget willing)! And you guys, I’m not usually a game/sport meat eater, but this recipe is amazing! Truly amazing!!
Want a Deluxe Air Fryer? Here is the link: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/aecheather/shop/Small+Appliances/Air+Fryer/Deluxe+Air+Fryer/100194
Peking Duck (Air Fryer Rotisserie)
- 1 (5-6-pound) duck
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt (or 1 ½ teaspoons table salt)
For the inside:
- ½ orange (save ½ for sauce)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the sauce:
- ½ orange, juiced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt the duck inside and out. NOTE: If your duck is freshly caught, allow it to rest in a roasting pan uncovered overnight in the refrigerator to allow the salt to penetrate the bird. If it’s from the store, it is usually already stored in brine, so you can skip the overnight step.
- Mix together the inside ingredients and stuff inside the bird.
- Truss the bird by tying the legs of your duck together making sure to tuck the tail up, then tying the wings closely to the breasts.
- Install your duck onto the rotisserie spit of your Deluxe Air Fryer ensuring that your duck fits between the forks.
- Install your duck into the Deluxe Air Fryer and make sure your guard is in place. Set the machine on Rotisserie (400°F-rotate) for 65 minutes or until your duck reaches about 180°F.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, make your sauce by combining all the ingredients.
- About 5 minutes before you think the bird is ready, brush the duck with sauce, close the lid, and cook for another five minutes to caramelize that skin and make it delicious.
- Once the duck is out of the Air Fryer, brush it once more with the sauce then wrap with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
***Links to my favorite things****
🧂 Lynker Salt/Pepper Grinders (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/40PG6ej
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking