The midwest has this fascinating Taco Bell-esque restaurant that really has a cult-type following! At least that’s how it is in my husband’s family! They will drive hours out of their way to ensure that they fill their cravings for Taco John’s Potato Olés! And while this recipe is not perfect (because, hello, I’m not Taco John’s) it sure does his the spot! And making it in the #DeluxeAirFryer makes them even that much better (less fat! WOOT). Try it out for yourself!
Potato Oles (Taco Johns Copycat)
- 1 bag potato crowns
- 4 tsps seasoning salt
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp dried lime zest or lime juice
- Place your potato crows on the rack to your air fryer and season with lime juice (if you are using it).
- Air fry (400) for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Meanwhile, mix seasoning blend (omit lime zest if you've already used the lime juice above).
- When the crows are done, toss them with the seasoning until they are liberally coated.
- Serve with nacho sauce and sour cream.
Now if Taco John’s could just open a couple locations on the west coast… people around here would know what I’m talking about.
Want to know more about the Deluxe Air Fyer: https://www.pamperedchef.com/shop/Featured+Collections/Weeknight+Wins/Deluxe+Air+Fryer/100194
Seasoning Salt: https://www.pamperedchef.com/shop/Pantry/Seasonings/Seasoning+Salt/100381