Homemade Refried Beans (Pressure Cooker)
After you try these easy pressure cooker refried beans, you’ll probably never buy that canned stuff ever again! This is such a simple recipe and quite tailorable for every spice level! And the flavor is out of this world! Definitely a favorite here!
Pressure Cooker Refried Beans
- 1 pound dry pinto beans (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 diced jalapeno or 1 teaspoon dried jalapeno
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Rinse and sort your pinto beans.
- Put oil in the inner pot of your instant pot and turn your post to SEAR/SAUTE.
- Saute your onion and jalapeno for several minutes until they start to take on some color.
- Add in your garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Immediately add in your spices and stir well.
- Add in your broth, water, then beans. Make sure you do not go over your MAX fill line in your instant pot.
- Lock the lid and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- When it’s done, allow it to naturally pressure release for at least 25 minutes.
- Release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully ladle as much broth as you can from the pot (save this!!).
- Using a hand blender, blend up your beans, adding extra liquid until you reach final desired consistency. NOTE your beans will firm up as they cool.
This recipe is also delish for baked beans, simply ladle broth out and add in some BBQ sauce. Stir well and add in reserved broth until you reach the desired consistency.
#refriedbeans #PressureCookerRecipes #instantpot
***Links to my favorite things****
🧤Oven gloves I use (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3PesyCv
🧤FoodSaver FM5000 (affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3IdKyNr
👕 My MERCH is here: http://tee.pub/lic/zCPUJ9t3EZk
🥣 Visit my website at http://www.AdventuresinEverydayCooking.com
💞My Patreon https://www.patreon.com/adventuresineverydaycooking
🔪My Pampered Chef website https://www.PamperedChef.com/pws/AECHeather/
🖥️Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresinEverydayCooking
🐤Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AECHeather
📸Follow me on Instagram at @AdventuresinEverydayCooking
Edited by Kevin Bloomquist – Editing@Bloomquist.com