Forget Taco Tuesday, these Street Tacos are my go-to comfort food every day! And this Carne Asada recipe is completely amazing! It’s so good that my husband said… “I’d pay good money for this!” I didn’t have the heart to tell him he DID pay good money for it, but he continued, “It tastes like we stopped at a Taco Truck.” Mic drop! I may not be Mexican in heritage, but this is the real deal!
Carne Asada (Air Fryer)
- 1½ lbs flank steak, tri-tip, skirt steak, sirloin flap or similar cut into thin slices
- ½ cup fresh cilantro or ¼ cup dried
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp ground coriander
- Slice meat thinly and add to a gallon sized bag set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend well. Add this mixture into your meat bag and toss to coat, making sure the marinade is touching all the pieces.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 400.
- Lay your meat in a single layer on rack/basket. Cook for 7 minutes (rotating racks halfway through).
- Allow meat to rest 5-7 minutes before slicing.